About the business
Glenelg Golf Club is one of Adelaide’s leading private golf clubs and multi-award-winning function centre with a vision of being the destination Golf Club in SA for experiences that inspire and connect members, families, and communities.
About the role
Glenelg Golf Club is seeking an experienced Events Manager to join our team. As the Events Manager, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing a wide range of events and functions at our prestigious Golf Club.
- Collaborate with clients to understand their event needs and preferences, offering creative solutions and ideas. Plan and execute events, including weddings, functions, conferences and club events.
- Oversee all logistical aspects of events, such as catering, decorations and entertainment. Ensure that events run smoothly and efficiently.
- Provide exceptional customer service to members and guests, addressing their inquiries and ensuring their satisfaction throughout the event.
- Assist the Hospitality Manager in the preparation of weekly rosters and, in their absence, supervise front of house staff involved in the delivery of functions.
- Conduct post-event evaluations to assess the success of each event and identify areas for improvement.
- Build and maintain relationships with event vendors, including decoration hirers, florists, musicians, and photographers. Negotiate contracts and ensure high-quality services.
- Assist in the marketing and promotion of events to attract attendees and clients to increase event visibility.
- Assisting with budget allocation and capital improvements for functions.
What we are looking for
- A passionate individual for creating unforgettable experiences
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with an exceptional level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Experience in business development to drive increase in function activity.
- Proven experience as an Events Manager or similar role, preferably in the hospitality or event planning industry.
- Proficiency in event management software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- The ability to work flexible hours including some weekend work is required for major events and weddings.
- Must reside in and hold full working rights in Australia
What you will get in return:
- Employment at Glenelg Golf Club will deliver a fantastic opportunity to work in a sporting Club environment with a thriving member community and close-knit team of staff.
- Glenelg Golf Club has values that ensure a supportive culture that is flexible and inclusive for all individuals to thrive.
- Opportunity to work for STAR Workplace’s “Top 3 Best place to work to work in Australasia” based on staff satisfaction surveys.
How to apply
An attractive remuneration package will be offered commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Join our team and play a vital role in creating memorable events that leave a lasting impression on our Members & guests. If you are a dynamic and creative individual with a passion for event management, we would love to hear from you! Apply today and be a part of our dedicated team of professionals.
Applications including a full resume and cover letter should be forwarded to:
Mr Robert Vincekovic
Glenelg Golf Club
PO Box 220, Glenelg SA 5045
Applications due by close of business Friday 6th of October 2023.