Unfortunately, here we go again! Let’s hope the restrictions are in place for a short period and together we manage to control this latest Covid-19 cluster. We understand that information is changing every day, every hour, and we will continue to follow any guidelines set by health authorities and the State Government. Apologies for the overload of information however the safety and welfare of our Members, staff and guests is our highest priority. Further clarification has been received from the Police Commissioner in regards to the new restrictions enforced from today. A number of events and Club operations have been impacted so I have kept the information concise.
- Daily competitions – Cancelled immediately and social golf will apply for the next two weeks, as per Golf Australia’s advice from the State Government
- Golf lessons – Continue as per normal
- Practice Facilities – Operate as per normal. The small flags on all practice putting greens and chipping greens will be removed until further notice
- Flagsticks – Players are required to leave the flagstick in the hole at all times. Pool noodles will return to the bottom of cups for easy retrieval of ball
- Bunkers – Rakes will be removed, preferred lie within 1 club length in bunker. Please smooth over sand with feet or club after play
- Limited guests will be allowed on the golf course. At this stage guests can only play at the following times and each Member may only introduce one guest per day:
- Mondays all day
- Thursdays after 12pm
- Fridays after 12pm
- Sundays after 12pm
All guests to sign in at Pro Shop with full details, to ensure ease of contact tracing
Scoring & Handicapping
- Social golf applies but handicapping will continue from the MiScore App ONLY. Blank scorecards will be available on the Pro Shop counter however they will not be handicapped.
- IMPORTANT: Commencing Wednesday 18th November you will be submitting your own score via the MiScore App and not your partners’ score. Everything else remains the same however at the end you approve and sign for your own score. Please note, your score must still match the scores on your partners phone to be approved.
- Thursday 19th November – Additional times now available
- Friday 20th November – Booking sheet to open at 2.30pm Wednesday 18th November
- Sunday 22nd November – Time sheet cleared and new booking sheet to open on Thursday 19th November at 2.30pm
- Tuesday 24th November – Booking sheet to open on Thursday 19th November at 3.30pm
- Twilight – Still available but as social play. Dinner reservations must be made in advance to ensure 100 capacity
- Club Championships – Both Men’s and Women’s have been postponed at this stage, effective immediately. We will advise Members as soon as new dates are set
- Trophy Presentation Night – Postponed in line with the Club Championships Final
- Ladies Annual Meeting – Cancelled due to room capacities. For further information refer to notice on Club website.
- Owen Whitford Trophy – Postponed as qualifying was scheduled to commence during the restriction period.
- Senior Pennant Final – Congratulations to Team Glenelg for making the final. Final has been postponed with a new date to be confirmed shortly.
- Junior Foundation Day – Still going ahead at this stage as it is outside the two-week restriction period. Event will be capped at 100 people.
- The Clubhouse is capped at 100 people for indoor rooms and outdoor balconies combined
- One person per four square metres applies in each area. Individual room capacities are noted around the Clubhouse and seating has been set accordingly
- The consumption of food & beverages is only permitted while seated
- Maximum of 10 people per table, including golfing groups
- Given the limited capacity, all dining (both lunch and dinner) must be booked in advance so that we can control numbers. This includes Twilight dining. Please call the Club on (08) 8350 3200 or head to our new website commencing on Thursday (more information to come relating to this option) to make reservations.
- Dinner Menu will vary over the next couple of weeks
- Visitors that have not played golf are required to sign in with Club iPad located at the front entrance, to ensure ease of contact tracing.
We remind everyone to exhibit a heightened awareness of personal hygiene and continue to social distance at all times. We encourage you all to use hand sanitisers that have been placed in prominent areas around the Club. We have a number of staff identifiable by badge as Covid Marshalls. Please respect any directions provided by the Covid Marshalls as they help reduce the possible spread of the virus.
We encourage any Members that have been linked to any of the venues listed on the SA Heath Alert (click here) to refrain from visiting the Club for 14 days. Also, if you are feeling unwell please refrain from visiting the Club and see your doctor as soon as possible.
We will continue to monitor accordingly and provide updates to Members on a regular basis as State Government updates are announced. In the meantime, a continued thank you to all Members for your support and continue to stay safe and diligent.