I would once again like to thank all Glenelg Golf Club Members for their understanding and acceptance of all the precautionary restrictions put in place over the past 6 weeks. Your support has been outstanding and the Glenelg culture has flourished during these extraordinary times.
Following the National Cabinet meeting today, the Australian government announced a 3-stage COVIDSafe plan to ease restrictions throughout Australia. Each State will move at different times based on local conditions. South Australia is proactive in this space and therefore provides us the opportunity to gradually return back to normality.
4-Ball is Back
We are excited to announce that from Saturday 16th May we will commence playing golf in groups of four. Tee times will be in 8-minute intervals with play only from the 1st tee at this stage. Bookings open today at 3pm for Saturday 16th May.
The flexibility of a 4-ball will hopefully allow for most Members to get a game on their preferred day for the foreseeable future. With the one tee start, 188 spots are available in the competition field, with a further 64 spots available from 1:30pm for social play.
Just a reminder that Competition golf will resume every day from Monday 11th May. Prizes will be distributed as per normal, however there will not be any Nearest the Pins. In lieu of the NTP prizes, additional money will be allocated to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize in each grade.
Whilst these changes are a positive step to normality, the social distancing and group gathering rules must still be obeyed. Please take note of the following:
- No gatherings in groups greater than 10 or more in any area. In particular, the area between the starters hut, 1st tee, practice green and Pro Shop has been congested at times. Management will be around to monitor gatherings.
- Maximum of two groups around any tee at any one time (in particular the 1st tee). This will guarantee that the maximum of 10 people rule in any one area is still adhered to.
- Please take note of your pace of play. Do not drop behind the group in front of you and play through par 3 holes swiftly to eliminate banking up of groups at the Tee.
- Remember to social distance following the 1.5m rule at all times whilst on the property.
- Continue to follow all other touchless routines that have been adopted recently.
Members are encouraged to download the COVIDSafe app to help us get our Golf Club back to normal as quickly as possible. The COVIDSafe app speeds up contacting people exposed to COVID-19. This helps health officials support and protect you, your friends and family. The app is now available from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
Further easing of COVID-19 restrictions and changes will be based on expert medical advice and Government recommendations. We will keep you informed on any additional changes at the Club as updates become available from the Prime Minister and South Australian Premier.
Good golfing and continue to stay safe!